Flexible b/w Mar 29th - Apr 19th, 2025, for 2 daysLooking Nationally
Event Solicitor: Sports Network International, Inc.
Event Title: U.S. Army National JROTC Drill Championships
Event Date(s): March-April, 2025 – March-April 2027 (three, one-year agreements sought)
Event Website: https://thenationals.net/army-nationals.htm
Event Host: The United States Army Cadet Command in Ft. Knox, Kentucky (the high school/college division of the U.S. Army) makes the event happen annually and controls all decision making and funding. Sports Network International (SNI) is hired to serve as the Event Manager, therefore we organize and host the event, contract the venue, hotels, etc. and suggest the venue to best meet the needs of the Army (but the Army has the final call on all matters). For the overwhelming majority of items, you will deal with SNI.
The government works on an annual basis and therefore three, one-year agreements re-upped annually will be sought (or a three-year agreement with opt outs annually).
Event History: The event has been held annually in several forms for the past 25 years. In the “modern era” the event has been maintained for five years in Louisville, Kentucky at both the Kentucky Expo Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center from 2013 to 2017. It was moved to Richmond in 2018, 2019. 2020 was a Covid cancellation in 2020. The event moved to Florida (Daytona Beach) due to the less-rigid covid restrictions in 2021 and has remained in 2022 and 2023. In 2025 and beyond, the Army is strongly considering a move of the event on an alternating basis to another part of the country going forward.
RFP RESPONSE DATE: Reply date suggested is 1 December, 2023.
RFP RESPONSE ITEMS: Specific and final costs are NOT EXPECTED. Saturday competition all day with a 6-hour load-in day on the day prior. Date availability for the space(s) required and a description or link to online drawings/photos are most important.
A reasonable estimate on final costs for: 1)load-in / day prior / costs-total; 2)competition day facility rental and; 3)all other required costs for table/chairs/standards 110v electric for one room, staffing/security any parking charges, etc. to give us a concept of your required charges sought are very important.
Then we need information from you on the following areas which are most important to compare in making a “final cut” for the top 3-5 venues we will select.
- Car/van parking, as well as nearby bus parking both availability and cost is a very important consideration. Daily in & out allowed? Costs and how many spaces;
- Easy and safe bus drop-off & pick-up for competitors and their gear immediately before/after the event is a high priority consideration as well (i.e.“bus lane info”);
- Overall range of SMURF-type hotels, date availability and how busy the city will be that FRI & SAT;
- bus parking on-site or nearby;
- ease of traffic flow / highway availability, airport costs & proximity to venue;
- general military “flavor” of the area, geographic location to the bulk of the JROTC teams attending, nearby attractions for attendees (museums, monuments, military, civil rights and other quality historic sites);
- responsiveness and availability of the sales team/our event contact for the facility;
- VERY CLOSE nearby parking for event VIPS (15-20 spaces) if available;
- coordination and support from the local CVB;
- financial or other concessions/sponsorship items presented from the hotels/venue/CVB you would wish for us to consider;
SPORTS NETWORK INTERNATIONAL, INC.
388 MUDDY CREEK LANE ORMOND BEACH, FLORIDA 32174
800-327-9311 386-274-1919 SNI@THENATIONALS.NET
Competiton is one day (SAT), load0in for 1/2 day (FRI)